Thursday, February 10, 2005

Kulna Sawa

Kulna Sawa (all of us together), is one of the Syrian groups that show real talent. These people mix good voices, with some great unique music. Kulna Sawa was formed in the late 90s, so far they released two albums. I didn’t like them till last spring, when I found that they made some really good songs. In their songs they show different feelings and draw certain situations, from singing rap songs that talk about the poor living of Syrian youth, or remixing traditional songs, to singing an easy listening, if I may say, song for Damascus, whose people “planted in the hearts of their children, your immortal love”. And I know these feelings are true, because I met the members of the band, and they are simple people with fantastic music. Kulna Sawa were on a tour in the US last November, singing for peace. They were sponsored by the Culture for Peace Program which is a part of the Royal Academy of Science International Trust (RASIT).

Kulna Sawa Website

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Ahlain.. I love Kulna Sawa as well... I'm just sad that Sonia left the group. I love her voice much more than Dima's.. Fee 7anan aktar. Nyalak you met them wallah. :) BTW, I'm also Syrian but living in the UAE. :)

11:21 PM  
Blogger pstpst said...

Kulna Sawa ae ppl am so proud of man they really show the extreme understanding of music in Syria, see how developed in soem areas we are LOL and thier new album is fantastic realy.mmmmmmm you know I met them in a dingy pub in Amman 5 years ago once I had no idea it was them until I bought the CD this year.LOL

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home